View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #14
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ so what is the rationale behind not allowing foreigners to buy technology related stuff? is it just available there before it is available here?

could a person not persude a local to buy it and then buy it off the local?
I looked it up and it seems like there no longer is a restriction on purchasing tech. I could be out of date with that point. Last time I was in Japan I believe was around 2008 or 2009. Sorry. Can anyone else confirm what the reasoning for the technology restriction was back in the day?

For instance, there are just some items that are not compatible with Canada. some phones for instance can have things like TV and radio built in (and have for probably a decade or more) but we don't have that ability here.

Rice cookers are super advanced. Ranging from things like self washing rice cookers, to having advanced pressure cooker tech added in to allow for cooking of more than just rice, really fast.

Additional random:

Tipping is often refused in Japanese culture. They don't like it, nearly insulting to them.

IIRC, when I went to Japan, they needed my finger print. Except they wanted the index fingers prints, not thumbs.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote