View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Klimchuk inching toward return:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/hoc...397/story.html

Quote:
If Morgan Klimchuk listened to his heart, he'd probably be back in the Regina Pats' lineup this weekend.

Since he's listening to his head, Klimchuk's status remains in doubt because of a wrist injury suffered in NHL pre-season action with the Calgary Flames.

"I've been skating with pucks for a couple days now and things are feeling better," explained Klimchuk, whose team leaves today for Cranbrook, B.C. - site of Friday's game against the Kootenay Ice.

"I wouldn't say I'm quite there but I'm definitely on the right track. I think (playing Friday) is a possibility but I still have to get into a practice with the team and ultimately it's the coaches' decision after that. If I'm not 100 per cent by (today) I don't think I'll be in the lineup."

Klimchuk was expected to miss a minimum of three weeks - but likely more - after jamming his left wrist against the boards on Sept. 24.

The three-week mark arrives today.

"It's probably a grey area," said head coach John Paddock. "(Playing Friday) is what was being aimed for 10 days ago or a week ago. I think it's questionable now. Last Friday or Thursday I would have thought there's no way but he told me (Monday) he's feeling the best he has felt. He has made strides. Anything is possible. I don't know."
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: