View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
It's 100 % the owners fault.
Trashy, incompetent owners = unbalanced dogs.

The fines need a few more zeros added to them.
Plus banned from owning any canine that weighs more than 20 pounds.
That can't be true. I'm sure there are a lot of situations out of a good owner's control that could lead to an attack. As well, you can't be a good owner 100% of the time from the day your puppy is born until the day it dies.

What about poor behaviour in a dog that hasn't completed obedience training yet? Dogs aren't born with good behaviour, it has to be trained into them and as a result there are good owners out there with poorly behaved dogs, even if that poor behaviour will be corrected in the future.

Also, let's face it, there are some s***ty dogs out there. I mean, 100% dogs aren't inherently good...surely there are some dogs that are just born to be #######s like any other species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama64 View Post
I pulled a Labrador's tail when I was 4. It bit my hand (punctured) - and frankly I deserved the nip.

I survived, no scar and learned NOT to pull a dog's tail. I'll never get why parents are so ridiculously protective these days.
lol a Labrador retriever biting a 4-year-old is not a good way for a child to learn not to pull a dog's tail. You didn't deserve the nip. This is actually a lesson to show how dangerous the family pet can be (what if this was your face!?) and the lackadaisical attitude too many owners have around their dog. You should never leave your dog around young children.

I can't believe you learned the exact opposite lesson you should have from this experience.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: