View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #1447
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I don't know how I feel about this one. Of course there's an irony, but it doesn't change what Harvey Weinstein allegedly did to her nor does it change what the MeToo movement is about. If anything it goes to emphasis its importance as it's another case of sexual assault that was just paid off and forgotten for years.

However, it sounds like (although I could be mistaken) they just had sex when he was 17. It doesn't sound like she was in a position of authority or was otherwise groomed or coerced into it. If so, what she did would be perfectly legal in Alberta.

I'm just going off of what I read, but it sounds like she'd been grooming him and acting like a mother figure/mentor since he was 13. Also the actions of the night in question are described as her asking for a meeting, the boy showing up with a family member, Argento basically shooing the family off, giving a 17 year old alcohol, then proceeded to go down on him and then have sex with him, then took photo's of him afterwords.

I have to think that the boy who had been mentored by her since 13 had probably been lead to believe that she would help him with his career.

At the end of the day, this shouldn't distract from the MeToo movement, victims can be assaulters as well. But what she did was gross and it clearly was damaging to her as she settled a possible lawsuit, so she's not much better then Weinstein and the others.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: