View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #1530
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditty View Post
We would definitely be underdogs in the hex but I think those ten games would be huge for our development. Playing the likes of Mexico, USA, Costa Rica and Honduras home and away would be just what this group needs.

And I think the hex still gives us better chance of qualifying compared to the alternative route.

Yeah that secondary qualifying route is like a 0.01% chance of qualifying. Survive a ton of hurdles against the likes of Panama all to earn a home and home against a very tough team. The hex is way easier and that secondary path is totally unfair. I think Canada would be right in the mix in the hex. This whole format is a joke tbh though... games teams didn't even know were meaningful a couple years ago were crucial.

Well let's hope that ES drops some points this week. It's unlikely but if they lose or draw a game it could still be interesting yet. Pretty much the only hope Canada has.

I think a loss for ES today will put Canada through. A draw and it will be close. I understand if they lose to DR on Tuesday they will be entered into a gold cup qualifying tourney in spring that will count for big points so that makes things even more complicated. A draw tuesday would be OK though. What a format.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: