View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bargain Bin Shopping

UPDATED: 10/21/2019

I am thinking that there is enough interest from posters to start a thread about what specific players bottom-feeding teams might be willing to move on from in the early stages of this season. The initial post is going to highlight some of the players that may be available from bottom feeders right now with no speculation on actual fit or what trade value might be, but it is my hope that potential trades/ who might work best will be filled in by you. I stuck with forwards as I don't see the flames needing another d man as a high priority. I am going to start with the current bottom-3 in each division and we can modify as the season progresses or as needed.

NHL bottom 3 per division (10/21/2019)

Atlantic (as predicted, the lightning are no longer on the bottom, but the remainder of this group stayed the exact same.)
Panthers
Red Wings
Senators

Metro (the devils and flyers have found their way out while the BJs have dug themselves out just enough to miss the cut- but don't be encouraged CBJ fans, things still look grim)
Devils
Flyers
Rangers

Central (Completely unchanged- these teams are not so hot this year.)
Blackhawks
Stars
Wild

Pacific (Same three teams but now inverse in standings after a strong showing by the 'yotes. Meanwhile the Kings seem only to be good against the flames- typical.)
Coyotes
Sharks
Kings

Players that may be available (under performing or playing well but becoming UFA within next 2 seasons- I have picked 4 for each team that I think are most likely.):

Panthers
Mike Hoffman
Vincent Trochek
Henrik Borgstrom
Frank Vatrano

Red Wings
Anthony Mantha - Would cost an arm and a leg and we don't love him around these parts, but might make a good fit.
Jacob De la Rose?
This roster is pretty terrible, I could see them being the worst team in the league this year all said and done.

Senators
JG Pageau
Connor Brown
Artem Annisimov
Mikkel Boedker

Devils
Pavel Zacha (hot start though so he may no longer be on the block as he once was)
Kyle Palmieri
Taylor Hall
Travis Zajac

Flyers
Sean Couturier - would be very expensive but is literally the IDEAL fit for us as a 2nd line C.
Jakub Voracek- Not producing to his contract (again.) Risky
Scott Laughton- actually showed some chops last year, I would be interested to see if he can flourish a bit more in a better situation
James Van Riemsdyk- also dramatically underperforming his contract. Also Risky.

Rangers
Chris Kreider
Pavel Buchnevich
Brendan Lemieux
Lias Andersson

Blackhawks
Brandon Saad
Brendon Perlini
Drake Caggiula
Zack Smith

Stars
Faksa
Janmark
Radulov?
Tyler Seguin - I'm adding seguin. Disappointing start, looks disinterested, coach has called him out in the past... A storm is brewing in Dallas! (Sorry about your house though t.)

Wild
Jason Zucker
Eric Staal
Kevin Fiala
Joel Eriksson Ek

Coyotes
Christian Dvorak
Christian Fischer
Lawson Crouse
Derek Stepan

Sharks
Kevin Labanc
Barkley Goodrow
Marcus Sorensen
Tomas Hertl

Kings
Tyler Toffoli
Ilya Kovalchuk
Alex Iaffalo
Adrian Kempe

Update

Well, a week past the first post and some decent feedback. Many people (within this thread and the trade rumors thread) have identified preference players based on some of the lower ranked teams, so I will try to list the top 5 every week based on my readings of your opinions, with 1 additional that I think is out of left field but may be in play.

Top 5 picks from among these times (mentioned by posters, in no order):
Kovalchuk
Toffoli
Hall
Zucker
Dvorak

Honarable Mentions: Kreider, Hoffman

Monahammer's left field pick: Seguin

Last edited by Monahammer; 10-21-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote