View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #1789
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Disney and the MCU make great movies no question, but we need variety and competition to keep things interesting. When both studios are firing, they push each other to higher heights and we as fans win. If Sony stars their own universe of Spider-Man films that just means we get even more superhero movies. WB has hit their stride and looks to be in great shape going forward. The next 5 films from each studio look great and they give us 10 totally different and unique films.

WB - Joker, Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 84.

MCU - Shang Chi, Eternals, Black Widow, Thor 4, Dr. Strange 2
I agree that we as fans would benefit with more competition between both studios but you must admit that at the moment the House of Mouse is kicking WB's teeth in.

There is hope. No question, Joker is a wildcard, SS2 with James Gunn has hope, Batman could be good but there is a long and storied history of Batman movies sucking long and sucking hard, with a few very notable exceptions. They're either amazing or complete crap. Very little middle ground.

I know nothing of, nor care, about Birds of Prey and I'm frankly expecting little to nothing from WW2 considering that I look about at the people overawed by Wonder Woman and wonder what they're talking about. It was a pedestrian movie. It was the best of a very, very bad group of movies.

MCU? I know nothing about Eternals or Shang-Chi, I think the Black Widow story could be cool, I love some Cold War Soviet stories, Thor has been killing it and Waititi is a magician. That man could Direct a one-man puppet show and it would be amazing and Bumblebee Cummerbund will make Dr. Strange worth seeing.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote