View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #1032
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Right now there are three under consideration

the Type 26

The Ailon lead De Zeven Privincien Class Command and air defense frigate Frigate

The Spanish F-105

With the type 26 the common line that I've heard is jack of all trades master of none. Its got a strong sub surface and surface attack profile but its air defense systems are considered not as good as the other two.

The De Zeven is a strong air defense Frigate, can carry 8 Harpoons and it has a decent sonar sensor suite, a duel torpedo launcher and like the others can deploy a anti-submarine helicopter. Its a bit faster then the type 26, the nice thing about it is its designed to command task forces and has a strong interoperability suite. The biggest bonus is that it has the capability for anti-ballistic missile defense and its current upgrades will allow it to deal with the new super fast anti-ship missiles.

The Spanish F-105 Alvaro De Bazin Class is a new frigate design, its not as fast as the DeZeven at 28 knots instead of 30 but is slightly faster then the type 26. What I love about this boat is it carries the Aegis weapons system which also means that it can combine with other ships of its class as a full air defense systems tracking hundreds of targets. It has a decent anti-submarine sonar and 4 torpedo launchers as well as the usual helicopter.

The 105 and DeZeven just seem to be more complete ships.

Just my two cents.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: