View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #1184
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think my biggest fascination with Rogue One was more or less the concept, how the concept was surgically placed in the timeline and appeared seamless with the era while paying homage to the originals. I think that does possibly blind me a bit from the movie itself, but then the decision to kill off the cast was not a twist I saw coming to be honest, it was not very Disney. In fact the director originally did not think they would let him do it. Then Vader shows up at the end and it was literally like the cherry on top of the sundae. I was very, very satisfied.

I thought the battle on Scarif was amazing as well, it was definitely in the top of Star Wars battles.

I only wish The Last Jedi wasn't such a hot mess, because that led to the poor turn out for Solo, which got a bad wrap as I just commented above, which led to the cancellation of the Boba Fett and Obi-Wan movies. Now we're getting those on the small screen, which given Mandalorian's record so far that might actually be better, however the concept for Boba Fett sounded amazing. Similar to Rogue One, taking a snipet from the OT, pulling it out, expanding on it and then plugging it back into the existing timeline. It was supposed to follow Boba Fett post "no disintegrations" meeting with Vader in Empire Strikes Back and explore the relationship between all the bounty hunters double triple crossing each other trying to be the one who finds Solo first.

Don't get me wrong I am happy with how it turned out, Boba was great in Mandalorian and technically they could still do this movie down the road and not disrupt anything planned for Boba in the future..

OH LAWD I JUST REALIZED THIS WAS THE MANDALORIAN THREAD. PLEASE THREAD GODS DO NOT SMITE ME!!!! I tied this into Mandalorian you see, you see??? Should we create a new thread to discuss how much people hate it when threads get derailed so they can take their comments about thread derailment there and stop clogging up our existing threads?