View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:25 PM   #2508
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 were great. Great villain, an insane Gary Busey, Mel Gibson smoking 10 packs a day and running at a sprint for 30 miles while accurately killing bad guys.

The ultimate line

M - "God hates me"
Riggs - "Hate him back it works for me"

3 was terrible, it just didn't work, they took the edge off of Riggs.

I kind of liked 4, but that's because Jet Li was an awesome baddie in that movie, and defined that quiet guy that was awesome when he decided to do something.
I agree, 1 and 2 are the clear standouts from that series. Perfect chemistry between the two leads, great dialogue, terrific action sequences, over the top violence, and a good sense of humor.

3 was pretty weak story-wise and had the worst villain of the series. You could tell they were starting to run out of steam by that point, and it just seemed to be missing that magic ingredient that the first two movies had.

4 was better than 3, but they tried to squeeze in too many characters and went a little overboard with the comedy, resulting in some of the action scenes feeling more like slapstick and less like the pure balls-to-the-wall action flicks that 1 and 2 were. Jet Li was awesome though, especially in this scene:

direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post: