View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #440
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Some random recommendations from my journey to read all 500 digital trades I’ve purchased over the years. I’m getting there. About 100 left. Then I’ll move on to the 150 free issues of black panther I got when marvel made them free.

Then someday when I have a permanent home I’ll work on my physical backlog. Notably I have the entire Snyder/Capullo Batman run and almost the entire Ennis punisher max run.

Really enjoying Secret Invasion. Only reading the main series, no tie ins. About half done.

Astro city is phenomenal but currently isn’t available digitally due to rights issues. Soon as it is, I’m buying the rest of the trades, only finished the first one.

Sandman and Swamp Thing were both as good as advertised. I’m only half done Sandman though. I stopped after book 6. I’ll pick up the rest later.

Batgirl Year One and Robin Year One were both excellent. Highly recommended.

Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

Thor god of thunder by Jason Aaron.

I could list many books I didn’t especially enjoy but I’ll only note here the DC “crisis” books. Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis were all a big meh. The former being very different (murder mystery) from the two latter (DC multiverse). Either way, all 3 were not good IMO.

Oh and frank millers ronin. Not for me. He works better when he’s only writing. Like DD and Batman year one.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: