View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #435
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

Flashpoint launches new 52 which combines DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm. Then they launch Rebirth. And retcon new 52 saying it was Dr Manhattan who wiped out 10 years of legacy years or some ####? How many times can DC reboot their universe? As a reader it is so goddamn confusing. And it has been going on since the 80s.
Now I’m reading New 52 Wonder Woman. Brian Azzarello. The story is easy enough to follow but the myth is so confusing.

Diana wasn’t originally a Greek goddess but now they’ve retconned her to be one. Daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta. Except it’s throwing me for a loop because I keep thinking she’s Artemis (Diana in the Roman pantheon) but she’s not that Diana, she’s a different Diana.

Oh and I also have the Rebirth Wonder Woman, first two volumes by Greg Rucka, and I already know they re-retcon her back to just an Amazonian and undo the whole Greek goddess thing (it was a villainous plot to confuse her, naturally).

I used to think the X-Men, specifically Cyclops/Jean Grey, Madeleine Pryor and Cable, had the most confusing backstory of all time but DC sure is trying to give them a run for their money.

Oh and I bought some Usagi Yojimbo in the comiXology Black Friday sale. Can’t wait. Love that character and series. And 47 Ronin. And Ex Machina vol 1.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 11-30-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote