View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #433
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Marvel's 616 on Disney+ is shining a spotlight on some comics creators, and from what I've read it's not always flattering. I'm going to watch the episodes myself, but the one featuring Dan Slott and the "Marvel Method" is apparently just a bizarre piece showcasing someone who is not great at their job and laughing it off? It's also funny that editor Tom Brevoort is in the episode as he's been on record about hating the main Marvel Comics continuity taking place on Earth 616.
I’m gonna have to watch this. Sounds like some neat stuff is covered.

Regarding 616, I believe it’s that most Marvel higher ups hate the term 616. Not sure if that’s what you meant.

Speaking of which, I just read Flashpoint. Amazing story but too short. And speaking of 616, wow does DC have a serious problem with how they treat their universes or what?

Flashpoint launches new 52 which combines DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm. Then they launch Rebirth. And retcon new 52 saying it was Dr Manhattan who wiped out 10 years of legacy years or some ####? How many times can DC reboot their universe? As a reader it is so goddamn confusing. And it has been going on since the 80s.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 11-22-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: