View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #2764
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apple is still over priced for what you get. Period, end of story. You can get as good if not better laptops, desktops, tablets and even phones. I am not saying they are not good but they are not that good and definitely not double the cost better.

Audio handling on the iPhone sucks. Like big time sucks. Notifications? Alarms? there's a long list of crap this phone does poorly. Freezes? All the time. I have a 13 pro max and the number of times a day I have to turn the screen off because it randomly won't rotate the page? Games from their arcade constantly freeze and needed to be cleared and restarted.

The only Apple products I have truly been impressed with from a cost to function stand point are the Mini's and the Studio's. I think for the cost of the base level Mac mini you really cannot beat what you get out of that machine for $800. The M1 based ones are even better.

I have hacked a few older machines to run the latest OS and for 8 year old systems they do run surprisingly well with all intended features working as expected.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote