View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 05:34 PM   #2130
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Just completely skip Season 1 and Season 2 and go right to 3.
First of all...how dare you suggest that a Star Trek fan skip out on the excruciating process!?!

If he can slog through however many seasons of Discovery he can suck up a few seasons of Picard!

I think 'Picard' in many ways is almost 'peak Trek' in the fact that...the first Season, it sucks you in with Patrick Stewart et al, etc. and then keeps you roped trying to figure out what the hell is actually going on.

And then season 2 starts hard out of the gates! Time travel, dystopian regimes, Q! There is tons of potential here, this looks like its going to be great!

Then it proceeds to face-plant so hard it'll make your head spin.

And now I'd say that Season 3 is all over the map. Oh sure, I've been in here after each episode absolutely slagging on it, because its completely preposterous....it is so fan-servicy it feels like they think:

"You're a trek fan, you're going to watch this no matter what we do. Lore? Fine. Moriarty? Oh yeah. Changelings and time travel? Why not?"

And they're not wrong.

And at the same time they're giving us a show that, while cheesy and ridiculous, is far more entertaining than the last 2 seasons.

"You watched two seasons of whatever the hell that was, so you're in this to the finish line and you're just going to suck up whatever we give you."

And they are correct.

At least its not Discovery. Its a shame its not more SNW...but at least its not Discovery.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: