View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #448
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm considering building a PC for my recording studio/dungeon. However when it comes to nuts and bolts of computers I'm hopelessly lost. I could buy a recording specific PC but they seem very overpriced and the general consensus from my limited research is that building one gives you more bang for your buck and can be specific for the Digital Audio Workstation you are using.
I'm currently using a old bare bones PC and it works pretty well. It's old however and sometimes it has a seizure when loading big projects. I'd have to look and see what it's specs are, but it's not much. It's like 6 years old, some 700$ asus special from Best Buy. My understanding is that I will need lots of RAM, a good processor... But it all seems like Greek to me. I use Ableton Live as my DAW, and I would prefer to use Windows 7, and I need USB 2.0 to link my recording interface to my PC. Other than that I don't care what else it has. Maybe a decent video card since I can do video editing on my DAW? Kinda lost on this one and don't want to drop big coin on a prepackaged PC for this purpose.
My current computer has done well, but I'd like a dedicated PC for what I'm doing. Also will be looking for an external hard drive for backing up projects. Just looking for some insight on good hardware, where to spend, where to save from people who forgot more about computers than I know.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote