View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 08:25 AM   #2225
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Is this a good price?
Well I thought it was. Usually the 5600X goes for around $375-400. It is one of the best options for gaming, and general productivity. That combo on newegg with discounts right now will cost you $545(instead of $400, or $410(they upped their price already)).

That motherboard is actually a very good value board, with a few nice features like good VRMs that would support decent power delivery for over clocking. It also has very good audio, bios flashback(updating bios without a cpu), and plenty of connectivity. AMD’s support of the AM4 socket will likely make it upgradable as soon as the new cpus come out.

As for some things that are missing: the board doesn’t have wifi, if that’s important you’ll need a network card. It also has only 1Gbit lan which is less than 2.5Gbit more premium boards offer. Finally it doesn’t have a front usb-c header, so if your case has one in the front you won’t be able to use it.

Back to the price question I do expect the Ryzen 5000 series to drop more in pricing, due to intel outperforming them a little. That said, I think this will be a good price until next year’s black Friday. in which case if you decide to upgrade you will lose $100 at most.

Last edited by gvitaly; 11-20-2021 at 11:02 AM.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post: