View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default What is your coolest moment in a video game

I was talking about this with a buddy over the weekend.

Back before the internet was really a thing, every Saturday we'd all haul our computers to a buddies a house and set up a network of 10 computers, and bring in a ton of beer and snacks and have college football playing in the background.

We'd usually play these killer all day Duke Nukem 3d tournaments, later it would be other games. But Duke was really popular. We'd put cash in the pot with the winner walking out with a couple of hundred bucks.

I still remember these vicious kills that were just smart strategies.

One of my best, was I found a entrance that lead to a hall way. To get there you had to jump up a bunch of boxes to get into the entrance. So I planted a Duke Hologram in the entrance and then threw down about a hundred of their pipebombs behind the hologram and then I stood at the end of the hall waiting with the remote detonator in my hand. One of my buddies spotted the hologram and he leapt up through the entrance and he saw it was a hologram and that I was at the end of the hall. I giggled and hit the detonater and heard a loud "F you" from the other room.

We did it again with the original Battlefield Vietnam and we got a ton of people into the battle and split them up evenly and then gave each side 10 minutes to strategize, and each side had a general. We were assigned as a specific role. You're a pilot, you'rer a artillery guy you'rer a tank crew. We had this amazing battle with air and artillery support. At one point we loaded up a helicopter with a full crew and put 8 infantry men in it and did this vicious airborne assault on an enemy base after plastering it using F-4 Phantoms. Then we rolled the tanks and fully loaded APC's in to clean up.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: