View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #626
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mentioned this before, but Paul George's across the board numbers are worse than DeMar's except for three point shooting. So it's basically a like for like swap that leaves the Raptors exactly where they are right now. Just like DeMar, you aren't winning an NBA title with George as your number one guy.
Derozan's regular season numbers mean squat to me and they don't consider defence. Did you watch the playoffs last year? George was a man on a mission to eliminate the Raptors, and the only problem was that the team around him sucked. He was an absolute beast. Switch places between him and Derozan and the Raptors eliminate the Pacers in 4 maybe 5 game.

I'm not saying George is the answer to beating Cleveland, but I think the Raptors are a hell of a lot better team with George than Derozan. Derozan is mentally fragile and relies exclusively on getting to the foul line. The problem is Derozan can't get to the foul line when teams step up the D and force him to the outside, and they know they can force him to the outside because he shoots 3s about as good as Big Country Reeves did.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 05-10-2017 at 11:11 AM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote