View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 06:14 PM   #8
Frostbeard
Draft Pick

If Curtis Douglas (The big guy in the draft) or Aidan Dudas (the small guy in the draft) fell to the 4th round, that would be great! I think they will go before the Flames pick though. Xavier Bernard seemed to have a really good year and fell in the final NHL central scouting list, but I don't think he will still be available either.

Linus Nyman and Justin Almeida put up some big numbers respectively, with Justin Almeida showing a lot of improvement from last year. They are older guys in the draft though.

Guys I would like to hear more opinions about who I think would be available for Calgary's picks would be Joey Keane, Merrick Rippon, Ryan Chyzowski, Paul Cotter, Austin Wong and Cedric Desruisseaux (another smaller player).

Ryan Chyzowski really improved on his previous season, and his father played in the NHL.

Joey Keane really improved on his previous season and ended his season with a pretty high +/-. He wasn't listed on the mid year NHL central scouting list, but ended ranked #111 for NA skaters.

Austin Wong was a point per game player in the AJHL and ended the year with 235 PIMS. It looks like he will be joining Adam Fox in Harvard next year.

Cedric Desruisseaux is listed as 5'7 and 151lbs. He had 3 points in 10 games last season in the QMJHL and improved to 24 goals and 46 points in 64 games this year.

I think with the picks Calgary has, I am hoping for:

105: Joey Keane
107: Ryan Chyzowski
167: Paul Cotter
198: Austin Wong
Frostbeard is offline   Reply With Quote