View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not sure what our final lineup will look like, but here are some changes that I would like to see this year:

PP:
- Brodie is not first PP unit material, particularly not when he is the only defenceman. Replace him with Hamilton and/or Gio on the first unit
- Our offensive forward list is not long enough at the moment to support 4F 1D formation on the PP. At least one of the two units should have 2D, but in my opinion, ideally both. It's difficult to just put a good winger on the point and expect them to be similarly effective in that position, but this is more of a personal preference. Goes against the grain of what many NHL teams are doing
- Ferland should replace Brouwer on the PP

PK:
- As much as I would prefer Backlund and Frolik to not block shots on the PK several times a night, they are so good that they simply have to be a PK unit
- Stajan is another great forward on the PK, I would like to see him used with an unnamed 4th line kid with something to prove
- Hamonic changes the look of our PK defence significantly. If he and Stone can carry heavy lifting on the PK, that should really open up 5vs5 options for a fresh Gio, Hamilton, and Brodie

Last edited by PugnaciousIntern; 07-16-2017 at 11:11 AM.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote