View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #262
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I don't mind him playing wing, or switching on and off on the fourth line C with Stajan (who could also be moved to wing). Calgary's fourth line is going to be one of the better ones in the league. The way things presently shake out, that fourth line could include Stajan, who's a solid vet, Lazar, who has skill, Brouwer, who has experience, and something to prove, Versteeg, who is a very decent player, or maybe Foo.

Jankowski is ready for the NHL either way IMO. And I'm one who was pretty cautious about expectations for him.
I would like to see Jankowski playing wing on the fourth line to start and transitioning to centre over time. I think learning from Stajan would be a great start for him and developing as a player, even with limited ice-time compared to the AHL just sitting beside someone like Stajan pointing out the game would be a boost imo. The red wings are always used as a model for not overcooking in the minors, and I always use Joe Thornton as an example that playing limited time on the fourth line as a rookie doesn't mean you are stuck there for your career.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote