View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #64
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMileDJ View Post
#### you and #### anyone else that has this attitude about the NE. The stereotypes about the NE are unfounded and exactly that...stereotypes. Take your piddly racist ass out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalCarpenter View Post
I grew up in the NE (Temple) and don't live there now. Not because of the demographics but because it's a really boring area of town as far as things to do and see.

I have lived in Deer Run and Douglas Dale since (SE) and loved both area's. Deer Run for the access to fish creek and Douglas Dale for the amazing family raising experience - lots of parks and schools close by with similar access to fish creek.
This is it exactly. I've lived in Marlborough Park and currently Pineridge. The NE isn't bad because of the demograph (diversity is good); it's just boring since it doesn't have worthwhile lifestyle amenities. No scenic/natural parks, no communities with character that brings about nightlife or weekend buzz. NE is essentially warehouses, offices, generic retail, and houses. Most of the activity spots are based in the industrial area of the region. So not much incentive to go to a spot nearby afterwards.

It does have a good network system since it has great access to roads that will get you around town. Plus LRT runs in the area. Also packed with schools.

I should say though that this is based on the established portion of the NE. So from Memorial Drive up to 96th Ave/Airport Trail. There's new housing development in the plot of land north of Airport Trail up to Stoney Trail. And according to the area structure plan for the area around Skyview Ranch, they do major activity area planned around there. So maybe that area could have more character and attributes that the southern portion of the NE lacks currently.

I'm looking to move soon, moreso to inner Calgary which has more of what NE lacks.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote