View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Your map is correct, I think you are safest with north and west views from the first tower (south views will be blocked by the second tower eventually). Years ago the block west had a Torode proposal called "arriVa west" that was two midrise buildings around 20 storeys. Of course all those plans are as good as dead as others picked up his properties when he went belly up.

I have heard of no major proposals for those two parking lots north of the block. They are planning a small vertical expansion of the Biscuit building directly north of arriVa.

Edit: just a clarification, the Stampede does not own any land north of 12th avenue. Remington developments owns a big chunk that they will eventually build their mixed use "Railtown" development on.
Pricing seemed to bear out the north views being better than the west views, as the north units were ~20k more expensive than the south units (roughly, as the comparables he gave me were on different floors). The south units had many more that were sold however, so maybe people aren't realizing the difference in view or aren't willing to pay that much for it.