Thread: Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #9
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno, I get the viewpoints from both sides. On the one side, some of the Hong Kong people are freaking out about China control. But on the other side, it's pretty much inevitable. Plus, Hong Kong has always had a huge reliance on business with China. Most of the water and electricity is also supplied by the mainland.

The problem the protesters have is, it's pretty directionless, and they don't have any leaders stepping forth to represent them, as no one is willing to do it for (rightfully so) fear of being jailed.

And then you have the conspiracy theories of the west (US and Britain) influencing it in the background as part of their tactics against China in their ongoing tradewar with them. I guess I wouldn't put it past the CIA, as that's what they do. But I'm not sure if I buy it 100% either.

I do feel bad for the HK police though. They're caught in the middle, and just getting hammered publicly lately. I also find the US criticizing HK police of police brutality amusing. If there were this big scale of violence in the US at a protest, I'm pretty sure people would have been shot already, and there would have been multiple deaths. The fact that this big of a scale protest has not resulted in any in HK so far is actually quite amazing.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post: