View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #6817
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Laugh all you want. It was a late first because they were a decent team that won two rounds. I'd be interested to know how you can definitely say Stasney got them into the third round as opposed to Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Hellebyuck, Buff, Connor, etc. In fairness, he was really good in game 7 against Nashville. But then he disappeared against Vegas.

But moreover, being happy that you traded a permanent asset for a rental, to win two rounds, isn't the no brainer you think it is. Right now they have no cup, remember being beaten by Vegas way more than they remember beating Nashville, I bet, and they had no pick and no Stastny.
He was their 4th leading scorer, one point behind buff. Look at the contortions here to dismiss the value of adding a ppg two way center.

It's been 15 years since the flames last had that kind of success, let's stop acting like the conference final is no small feat.

Like, seriously, laughing out loud here as you dismiss the value as just being a late first. Lol, he was ok against Nashville I guess, scoring 3 points, 2 goals, including the game winner in getting 7 against the presidents trophy winner.

I guess he was ok....

(LOL).