View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #55
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420since1974 View Post
I feel like there should be another appendix just to explain exactly what some of the terms really mean with respect to this proposed Event Centre.
“Improve access and availability”. Improve over what?
What level of “economic benefits for the Calgary economy” is considered sufficient?
Define “further vibrancy”, and how will it be measured and by whom?.
What level of “investment” is considered enough, and in what form must the investment be?
Define “viable and sustainable”. Break even?
“contributing” what exactly?
What is the required level of “contributing as part of a comprehensive master plan vision”?
What is the “comprehensive master plan vision”?
How and by whom are the “communities’ brand and reputation” to be measured before and after?
Define “engagement with the public”. Just a notice? City-wide meetings? Plebiscite?
Yeah... when I saw that my first thought was "how did they manage to use around 200 words without actually saying anything?".

If "funding negotiations will be kept private" what the heck are they going to be "transparent" about? Are they gonna send out a press release saying "we met today... we won't tell you what we said but we met".

Hey Bunk... if they're unwilling to make any public disclosure about funding what would any pre-agreement public engagement theoretically consist of?
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote