View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #48
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You specifically said "The majority of Calgarians voted for ‘none of the above’, as usual."

Note voting is not voting. you can't say people voted for "none of the above" just because they didn't cast a ballot.
Technically, that's true. But it doesn't address my point, which is that neither Nenshi nor any other candidate could count those people as supporters.

Quote:
I can just as accurately state that all the people who didn't vote did so because they supported Nenshi, and knew he was going to win so there was no point wasting there time.
No, you can't. Only a complete fool would try to claim to know the opinions of hundreds of thousands of strangers without asking any of them. To claim that every one of those people has the same opinion goes beyond foolishness into wilful idiocy.

Quote:
The only data you can use is the data that exists. Anything else is just making up facts to suit your narrative.
The data that exists tells me that a substantial majority of Calgarians could not be arsed to support Nenshi or any of the other candidates. Tough to spin that as an enthusiastic mandate from the masses.