View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #97
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Ok then. Hard for me to argue a hypothetical, but I was getting similar/greater value in bonus miles before than I am in bonus scene points now. And obviously with the base rate going to zero I was getting infinitely more in base earnings. YMMV.
Absolutely YMMV. As I wrote weeks and weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
True there were Air Miles offers of similar value to what I 'earned' yesterday from Scene, but they were very very seldom relevant to my buying. Whereas yesterday, without modifying my buying pattern at all, I earned considerably more. It's just one anecdotal weekend shopping trip, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is about as good as it gets for the Scene program, but it really reinforced just how incredibly pointless and stupid the Air Miles program had become.

[...]

(... in my experience I essentially never bought anything that earned me "bonus" Miles)

Yes, it's entirely my own anecdotal experience. I like reading this thread and comparing anecdotal stories because Air Miles was pointless and stupid for me, and I'm somewhat fascinated by stories from people for whom it 'worked'.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote