View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 09:23 AM   #231
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

We have a 16 months old in daycare and we made it 1 month into daycare healthy which has been followed by 3+ months of sick child followed by me or my wife being sick. Recover from one and onto the next one.

Kid has has at least 3 separate cold/flues, HFM (hand/foot/mouth) and Covid. I've gotten all but HFM. Wife has gotten all but 1 flu and Covid (at least no symptoms).

Its ####ed up. I've been laid out the last 3 days the sickest I've ever been in my life and this is a week after recovering from covid (which luckily was mild).

We kept our kid home with HFM for nearly 2 weeks and Covid for a week. Other illness she's home for multiple days. She has had a cough for the last 3 months to which the doctor says is to be expected. WTF?

So if our kid isn't laid out sick or have a fever she goes to daycare. Doesn't help when both our employers 'want everyone in the office working' so working from home isn't really possible. Also doesn't help that you pay whether she goes to daycare or not and that we need to work to pay for said daycare.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote