View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 12:25 AM   #60
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
My Dad has gone completely off the reservation, I'm glad he's at least in a facility that will make sure that will make sure he doesn't self harm. He's not talking to me, he hasn't visited my mom in several days, because he's convinced himself that my mom is cheating on him in memory care, and he's "Done with her". I can't convince him otherwise, that an 89 year old woman with severe dementia is A) not likely to do that. B) has literally no control over her emotions or herself.

The Doctors there phoned my sister who is the direct contact for the facility that basically my mom is acting out and they upping her meds.

I'm of course now back into a complete anxiety cycle, and being told by my sister to take a break and not try to connect with my Dad and let it lie until we go down for our visit on Sunday.

Its something, how fast everything changes. The worst thing about having really elderly parents is that they become the worst children ever.
Holy shingaurds is that ever a true statement. My mom has lost all patience. It has been three days since the doctor initiated the process and she is upset that they haven't moved my dad yet. Her anxiety is bad. I'm really tired of hearing "I just can't take it anymore" and "I don't know what to do" over and over and over and over again.

I am really thankful that my wife has been so supportive and I have a couple of great friends who listen and let me vent.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote