View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 12:06 PM   #24
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I was raised Catholic, and as a young boy had an Assistant Pastor sexually assault some young members of the church, and rather than be charged he was transferred to Saskatchewan.

I had a long post typed up here about how while I respect religion but hate the way humans weaponize it and use religious teaching to pursue their own goals, but at the end of the day religion overall is good. But I had a hard time finding a way to convey that message that wasn't several paragraphs long and had several "but's" and "what if's. So I deleted that mess and would rather just say this instead: The basis of each religion is something I think we can all agree on. Don't harm others, treat others well, peace be upon ye, etc etc. But organized religion is no different than any other institution organized by man, it's flawed and serves nothing but its own purposes, and needs to die. Corrupt and should at least pay taxes that the rest of us would need to pay in order to peddle our lies and deceit.
God this makes my blood boil. Why does this organization (or any organization, like the Blackhawks) protect abusers? It looks worse to protect them rather than expelling them from your organization and reporting them to the authorities to be punished.

If you turn a blind eye to the abuse of anyone, especially a child, you are guilty and culpable and I hate you.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post: