View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 09:05 AM   #93
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its pretty much pure public relations excercize and nothing more.

Loudly shout out that they'll ban handgun purchases and sales. Then mumble, that they'll do something about smuggling and gun violence in the court systems.

Its just like Trudeau talking about banning weapons that were designed for Military use (which realistically the AR-15 isn't really) or throwing out the term Assault style weapons. Which is a scary buzzword but they don't really know what it means but it sounds good.

Look, I'm an anti-gun guy, for the most part. Most people that legally own guns and think they can use it for home defense are about one second away from tragedy. But we have limits on magazine sizes already and the actual designed for military use weapons were banned about 40 yeas ago. So now the Libs are just fixating on appearance. The AR 15 looks scary and military so it must be.

If you want to impress me with gun control, and the desire to cut out gun violence in our streets. Then give me a costed plan on how your dealing with smugglers, how your dealing with gangs, and increase the penalties for gun violence and the use for illegal firearms. That would impress the crap out of me. But we need to get by this whole government playing people like the rubes at a circus with one trick pony buzzwordy talking points that don't address the issue but are made to be headlines in newspapers.

The American's have their major problems with gun violence, accessability to fire arms, gang violence issues etc that they are unwilling to deal with. But Canada is the furthest thing from American's when it comes to this. No its not coming here no matter who gets into power because Public Sentiment would doom the party that eases fire arm restrictions.

We know the problem, we see a lot of gun violence with illegal weapons. We see gangs and criminals shooting it out on the street. We see the ease of accessability to illegal guns, and it feels like its growing. We just saw a violent criminal get released from prison and within days he having a running gun battle with someone else that killed a mother of 5.

We're not doing much if anything about those problems. But we have time to make up imaginary terms, and bouncing the rubble on things that are going to do nothing, and or make no difference.

And yeah, sorry, but if we're going after smuggled guns its going to create wait times and its going to create inconvience, but I think if people walk around talking about "Oh I'm ok with paying more taxes to support social programs". Then that same group should say "I'm willing to wait an extra hour at border crossings, or I'm willing to wait an extra day or two form my amazon sex toy delivery to arrive in the name of proper public safety".
You know they did/do a lot of what you ask for but the post media papers and their ilk are only focusing on the hand gun stuff to get you to buy that this is all a hand waving exercise right?
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post: