View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #65
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
Yeah, I figured you'd do that...

First one was an RCMP incident at their Academy, doesn't count. Most cops don't get their PAL/RPAL anyway, so it's kind of a moot point. IE They're not licensed.

The second one is a public range where it's not clear if the incident was due to a licensed individual or an "unlicensed" renter. Either way, it was an accident.

Third one was during a competition, and it's the only incident of it's type in the living memory of anyone that I've ever competed with. More or less summarized, in the heat of competition, this particular individual broke a well established safety rule, a rule that's there to prevent incidents like this, and he unfortunately paid the ultimate price for his mistake.

So to my point, 1 incident at a competition, more or less ever, doesn't prove or disprove your point. It merely illustrates that 1 accident happened at a shooting competition (which is what I was trying to say to begin with), contrasted with the fact that a competition event at pretty much every single weekend for 9 months of the year in every gun club in the country (1,245 to be exact) makes this number so infinitesimally small that it wouldn't statistically register as a number.
Well you said "without incident". A very quick google searched showed there are incidents. I'm sure there are more if I look, and others not reported. Point is, you are painting a picture that isn't true.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote