View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #32
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
It matters a lot in the context of criminal charges where and how they were found. There's a lot of questions about what happened near the border, like the RCMP 'disabling farm equipment' to prevent it being used in the blockade (destroyed).
For those firearms to be purchased legally the buyer has to have background checks, references etc. we are not in America, the laws and culture around firearms are night and day different.
Going to ignore the bellyaching about the RCMP taknig steps to ensure their safety...

As to your second part, that's the issue, isn't it? These exceedingly deadly weapons can be purchased legally and then used illegally. A common refrain is that legal firearms owners are not the problem, but these people appear to have purchased at least some of them legally, and were intending to use them in ways that are not permitted. Seeing their beliefs, and things like the Diagolon patch tell me that if the system worked, the background checks should have excluded them from purchasing them.

I think the facts are clear, these weapons shouldn't be in Canada. I'm sorry your sport is caught up in it, but I'm willing to sacrifice your hobby for the safety and lives of our citizens and law enforcement. I know you don't agree with it, but I'm permitted to have that opinion and fight for it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote