View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #28
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Just a bit of a bump on this. I've been really having a lot of trouble over the longest time, but I have to admit that tonight I feel like a bit of a weight has been lifted off of me.

My mom moves into memory care tomorrow, so I won't have to visit her in a chaotic hospital environment. My Dad moves into the same facility but in independent living and seems to be looking forward to it

I know the relationship between my sisters and me and my dad will never be the same, I can't guarantee that there will be any kind of reconcilliation in this. We're not going to have happy family gatherings, its not in the cards.

But at least my mom is going to a place where she will get good care. At least my dad will go into a place with a social setting, where he can easily visit my mom every day.

There's still a lot of work to do on the legal side of things as that's a bit of a mess, but at least for now, we've got some breathing room.
You did the right thing for them.
I’m envious on some ways as I’ve been attempting to push this concept (memory care for one, and a balanced proportionate care for the other at the same facility) for some people in my life. But I’ve been pushed out of the conversations and away from the decision making. This won’t end well.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote