View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #56
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
I'm in the very minority who think Gillies game will not translate. Lots of goalies have put great numbers in the NCAA. He didnt impress me when he was the American junior starter. He looked shaky in the NCAA championship game as well. My opinion of course and I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll falter.
I won't say Gillies will falter but the same question marks are there for me. Never the less I have him ranked 4th amongst our prospects with Ortio edging him out as he's more proven and is almost ready. Saying that I didn't like the way Ortio started last season. He was given time to get sharp in Penticton and rookie camp but didn't have a great camp and had a slow start in Adirondack. If he has another so so camp, he may find himself back in the A this season.

Poirier is a nice prospect as well. I just wonder if his physical game can translate to the NHL. I'd like to see him come to camp with another 10 lbs of muscle if that comparison to Gary Roberts is possible.

My pick at 2nd is Ferland. He showed he can be a difference maker in the NHL and how many rookies can say that. I just hope he stays on the straight and narrow and comes into camp in good shape.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote