View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #2480
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I ordered a 2+2 Yakima last May, it showed up in November.

The rack itself I like the looks of. It’s a platform style, but you can remove 2 of the mounts to have a more compact 2 bike rack, or add the extra piece for a massive 4 biker. But we haven’t really used it at all yet.

I will add, that while there may be some issue relating to carbon bikes in hanging racks (I actually hadn’t heard that), the other big issue is just fitting different styles of bikes in there, in particular mountain bikes and some kids bikes, depending on the frame geometry. The platform style is more flexible for different frame styles, and for getting multiple bikes mounted without interfering with each other.
I have the Thule hitch rack plus the 2-bike extension. Holy F*@@#$C is that thing every heavy. Hopefully your Yakima isn't 60+ lbs?

Previously I had the hanging style and never had an issue with my carbon road bikes. Key is not to overclamp the top tube.

The rack style though makes it so easy for getting all bikes on without interference or rubbing, whereas hanging style was a massive PIA to load.
RichieRich is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: