View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_aaron View Post

1) Talk to insurance company tomorrow and find out if I'm covered at all.
2) Talk to AMA and ask if I can get reimbursed through my membership (though it seems they only cover Club Rates and I'm pretty sure the tow truck driver charged higher insurance rates)
3) Phone the tow company's head office and see if I can convince them to refund me and charge AMA directly (I'm guessing they're not going to be very cooperative)

As I said, I feel like an idiot in hindsight. I was stressed out by the situation and felt that the driver had our best interests in mind, when in reality he had his own interests in mind. Just trying to make the best out of the situation so any advice is welcome.
I don't know (last time I called a tow truck was years ago) but it sounds like "officially" you are out of luck, since you agreed.

The steps I would follow are:

1) Check with insurance to confirm. Maybe they will cover it.

2) Talk to the towing company and explain it wasn't covered and see if they will put it as an AMA tow as originally planned. There's a difference between someone who is out to get as much $ as possible and doesn't care if they screw you and someone who figures if you aren't paying anyway (insurance vs AMA) they might as well push you to the better for them option.

3) Talk to AMA. Maybe they will at least cover their amount, so you are only out the difference, not the whole thing.

Good luck!
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote