View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #84
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
That is not what I said and the analogous connection made to Kulak's situation from last year does not apply to my opinion here. What I said is that "it probably [will] not make a significant difference which of Lazar, Klimchuk, or Poirier is playing 8–10 mins a night." The difference here being that Lazar is a young player with potential who is jockeying with other young players with potential for a roster spot. Kulak was unfortunately overlooked on opening night for seasoned veteran Dennis Wideman and Nik Grossmann; both of whom were clearly on the respirator of their careers.

It makes a hell of a difference whether it is Lazar or Luke Gazdic playing on the bottom line, but this is not really a realistic scenario for the start of the season. Given the competition I am pretty comfortable with whoever of the kids grabs one of those spots. on the bottom two lines.

But really my original question was in response to your assertion that Lazar would play at least 40 games in the NHL, and I asked what would happen if one of the players around his age is better than him at camp. I wouldn't limit it to the players you mentioned but for sake of argument, if Poirier or Klimchuk outperform Lazar at camp, what do you think happens?
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote