View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #3934
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Anyone have suggestions for activities to do in Vancouver with kids (ages 3 and 5)? We're going to do the aquarium for sure, and IIRC we have free admission to the science centre with our telus spark passes, but would love to hear other ideas!
Bump with a bit of a trip report in case anyone else is interested. We have one more day here in Vancouver, which we plan to spend at the Aquarium and doing general beach/seawall/explore Stanley Park type stuff.

Our first day we did the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge and forest walk. This was great. If the other one is bigger that would be too big for us. My kids loved tromping through the forest, throwing rocks in the water, etc. Then we went to the HR McMillan Space Centre. This is cool (but pretty small). They have a big planetarium that does the usual Imax type shows, and a smaller theatre for live science demonstrations. (Set of a bottle rocket and explain how it works type stuff). The presenter was very engaging and my kids enjoyed it a lot. There are also a few exhibits, probably about 30 minutes worth. Highlight for me was a piece of moon rock you could touch. Space centre was free with our Telus Spark passes. Finally, we rode the aquabus around False Creek and went to a playground.

Day two we took the gondola up Grouse Mountain. This included the gondola up to the ski base where they had a variety of stuff. We looked at the grizzly bears, saw an owl interpretive talk, watched the lumberjack show (similar to Stampede if you've seen that one), and took the chairlift to the peak of the mountain. For a small additional charge there was also a treefort playhouse my kids liked. We didn't do the ropes course or ziplining (kids too young) or watch the movie. Then we went to Stanley Park on our way back downtown, and rode the train/played on the beach for a bit.

Day 3 (today) we went to the Science Centre here. This place was huge! It's probably 2-3 times bigger than the one in Calgary. It was also packed, because of the torrential downpour the city experienced this morning. Still worth seeing, but would have been better on a less busy day. This was also free with Calgary Science Centre passes.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: