View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 12:54 AM   #30
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One of the best shots I ever took was during basic training where I hit a target square in the middle of the head from 200 yards away in a cross wind using an iron sight on an FN-C1-A2. But try as I might I never ever came close to replicating that shot. So while an accidental shot from a field passing one car to hit another car where the bullet has to pass through glass and hit a target that was probably moving that was less then a foot apart, sounds unlikely, sh%t happens.

Whenever I get together with buddies and we go through our usual beer and remembering things like basic training and the "Shot" comes up, I will always claim that the bullet went exactly where I wanted it to go, but I know, and I'm pretty sure those that witnessed that shot know, it was a complete and utter fluke.

I'm not saying I buy the theory of the random shot from the grassy knoll, if there was a shooter there and he was shooting at something unrelated, I never discount the law of stuff happens.

But to me, I'm more then likely going to say, it was probably a pistol shot from a car less then 10 feet away, and while a shot like that with a pistol in a moving vehicle on an unsteady road (and we all know that Alberta highways aren't exactly smooth) is still a pretty tough shot, its more likely.

I hope they catch the guy, and throw the book at him. I hope that the driver of the other car comes out ok. There's been too much gun stuff lately.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: