View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #29
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Who knows the motive, but if the police are using the words "we can confirm" I'm going to believe that series of events over the odds of a random guy in a field managing to accidentally shoot a vehicle traveling 100km/h down a highway at the same time they are being passed by another vehicle, and managing to get the bullet through the drivers window into the head of a guy.

Sorry, but that's magic bullet territory. Could it happen? Sure, but it's a one in a million shot. I'll take "angry dude with a gun" over your theory any day. Particularity when it sounds like they have a good idea of the sequence of events.

Off topic but when I was 7 years old in Nov 1988 three teens sat in the hillside of what was to become the Maple Ridge golf course with a rifle and we're randomly aiming and shooting at some cars.

After a couple of shots they managed to shoot my dad in the back as he ride his 10 Speed bike on the northbound side of Deerfoot just past the cement plant (he had run out of gas and was riding back to his car with a small jerry can).

The doctors said he was about 1 cm away from being killed. Instead it was an in and out that he didn't notice (due to shock) until he got home and my mum noticed all the blood.

So it definitely could happen whether intentional or not.
I never found out if they were specifically aiming at my dad, only that they were looking to see if they could hit some cars.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post: