View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2017-18 Toronto Raptors and General NBA Thread

Season being two weeks away and all. Yeah I forget because I'm used to Halloween starts of course, but schedule is moved up this year to reduce back-to-backs. Obviously it's another season of "Will Steph or Durant get hurt?", but other than the Warriors being the biggest favorites I can ever remember the rest of the league (i.e. the West) is very intriguing. Is there someone from San Antonio, Houston, OKC, maybe Minnesota who can present a threat to the Warriors? OKC is probably the most intriguing team, but I'm definitely on the Wolves bandwagon, to me they are the team that can cause real problems because the Warriors cannot matchup with Towns. If Butler blends in well and Wiggins maybe decides to play a little defense, they'll be fun to watch.

As far as the Raps and the JV conference goes, they're probably fighting for the three seed with Washington and maybe Philly. Boston will probably get the number one seed again with the Cavs likely not caring too much about seeding since overall homecourt seems impossible. Raps have another year to see where things are at I guess, maybe hope one of the youngsters takes a big step forward, but unless DeMar has been doing what we all plead with him to do, working on the three, it just seems like the Raps are in a holding pattern, hoping for injuries to open up a slim window. I also think JV gets dealt in season, and Casey is probably retained at the end of the year unless they fall apart.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 10-02-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post: