View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #246
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Just a heads up, when it comes to cell coverage Telus and Bell are effectively the same since they share cell towers.

Anywho, I would strongly consider Wind for you, especially in Deer Run. Wind has a cell tower just east of Bow Bottom tr, just south of Deer Run St Se. If you look at the coverage map Wind is the only thing near you in the immediate area. The nearest Telus/Bell or Rogers towers are north of you at Canyon Meadows dr and even then Wind has another tower south of that closest to you.

Try to check it out first though, get a hold of a Wind sim card from a friend and see how it works.
I appreciate that... I'll start asking around. But looking at that map - ya seems like wind might be a good choice.

Need to find a friend with Wind.

So I have a Galaxy S3 from Telus - I'd have to pay it off to leave them but it may be worth while. Anyone know if the S3's are compatible with Wind? I know they have a wierd frequency...

Also I'm reading the nexus thread and the other thread about "help me pick my next network" and it seems people are saying go to Kodo and buy a nexus...

Just curious if you do that is it not then "branded" for lack of a better term to Bell and so you cannot update the OS without them?

Maybe a better question is how often does wind provide OS updates, or do they need too? maybe they don't bunk up their phones with a Bell/Telus-ish load screen and you can simply upgrade your OS whenever a new version of android drops?