View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #6
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Can you go more than two posts without referencing some ####ing youtuber?
I think it's worth mentioning that there is a significant portion of the right-wing zeitgeist in the US that is at odds with itself. The Daily Caller plays a notable role in this discourse.

Touting self-sufficiency FYGM ideals but wanting to control women's bodies/decisions are certainly within the scope of this thread. That, along with the beaten to death talking point of non-support of actual children, and belief that children are the property of their parents (but only after birth) are pretty common, and are absolutely mentionable.

I suppose it's not really on par with starting a death thread about a meme cat but okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
It's not baffling. There is no cognitive dissonance. They aren't opposing a woman's right to body autonomy.

They view abortion as killing a baby. It's a fair position. I'm pro choice, but it's really not hard to understand pro lifers' position.
There's no way anyone but the ultra-religious truly believe in "at conception" birth. Shapiro and his ilk are supposed to be "rationalists" that put science above superstition, so I have a hard time believing that they think something that would have a 0% chance of surviving outside the womb is a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 05-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote