View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #57
FiftyBelow
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
It probably doesn't feel too good to be on one of the planes that was turned back from British airspace for being unsafe!

Iceland, France and Germany have joined the airspace ban as well. You have to think that pretty much forces North America's hand at this point. The public is not going to feel safe flying on planes that are banned in other countries.
Yup. I have a couple of flights on WestJet next weekend. Spent the last few minutes trying to verify the aircrafts haha. Looks like I'm on 737-700s. Still, I'm paranoid that they might switch the equipment to a MAX or something. I'm usually a pretty good flier considering I struggle with an anxiety disorder. General flying stats are enough to keep me level headed and carefree. However, the recent crashes seem unusual (from an average non av-geek view). New planes, crashed shortly after take-off, Ethiopian is pretty reputable as far as I know etc. Other countries are banning/grounding the models and Canada is just sitting on its hands. Not pleased. I wonder if there's any options should I find out they've switch the planes?