View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #2086
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
I don't have a issue with clay tennis (I have actually played on red clay in Germany and enjoyed it), my issue is how organizers of the French Open have run the tourney the last couple of years (first by scheduling the tourney that wiped out the Laver Cup in 2020 and this year by pushing it back a week so that it is colliding at the same time as the Stuttgart tourney). The way they treated Naomi was just dreadful as well.
I disagree with your Naomi take. Any grand slam would treated Naomi this way. She was not cooperative. Can you imagine if she did this at Wimbledon with the British press there? Those guys are vultures.

Naomi has her own issues she needs to sort out. The media love her. It's not like they are abusing her. Asking a question like "what are you doing this year to improve your clay court results?" is not abuse.

What gets lost is the tennis press is probably the tamest. We've seen over the last few days how raw and honest these press conferences are. Especially the women's yesterday.

Yes there are flaw with Roland Garros. The French will always french, they don't care about non-french things like the laver cup.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote