View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #46
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Finally saw CM last weekend with my 15 year old son. We both thought it was kind of average for a Marvel movie, maybe rate it 6/10.

This seems obvious to point out, but Brie was red-hot sexy, whether in the CM uniform or NIN t-shirt. I liked best how business-like she was, especially the way she so calmly hunted down the Skrull on the train.

Also, I thought Samuel was terrific as Nick Fury. Real good performance there.

Maria and Monica were good too - how long before Monica becomes Photon?

The Skrulls were handled in a surprising and touching way.

How come Nick Fury never called for CM before, all the other times the world was threatened?
I think this question is pretty easily answered actually.

The first Avengers, the issue happened within a few days, and Fury had no idea that the threat would end up being an army coming through a wormhole until it actually started happening.

Ultron was similar, and he wasn't even really involved in that. There just wasn't time for someone else to show up.

And he thought he had set up a team to replace her (as per the end of Captain Marvel).

Infinity War was on Earth for 1 or 2 days max, and when he realized his team had lost (which happened basically as he was learning about the invasion at all), that's when he sent the message.

I also think (potential spoiler if right):
Spoiler!

Last edited by Coach; 03-28-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Coach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post: