View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #9434
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ So you have on one hand Rittich, who is developing and doing well so far, and Ramo, on whom the team cut bait when he was injured. Those are your success stories.

I will give you three proven NHL goalies who have gotten worse. Much worse.

In 3 consecutive years, Hiller, Elliott and Smith were all incoming as proven NHL goalies, who fell off the cliff under his watchful tutelage. He shouldn’t be questioned? Especially as all three guys seemed to be increasingly subject to mental errors, bad things creeping in to their game, and stoppable shots all of a sudden being unstoppable. It’s not like it’s just one guy.

Hiller never had a sv % below .910 before joining the Flames. Then at age 33, fell off a cliff. Got in a funk under Sigalet, let in softies early and couldn’t get out of that funk.
Elliott. Still putting up a serviceable .910 ish sv%, he is a NHL goalie. Somehow his confidence ended up being shot here, resulting in the brutal goals allowed during the playoffs. After the previous playoffs putting up a .921 and making the third round. So he went from clutch one year to letting in a squeaker from the half boards
Smith - very good the first half of last year, now arguably the worst goalie in the league with his workload

All three of these guys got in to funks under Sigalet that they couldn’t get their way out of under Sigalet. Punctuated by allowing some specific really, really bad goals, right through them, at very bad times, that are stoppable. That is alarming!

Seriously, how can you deny seeing that commonality?!!

Go ahead, find me another team that broke 3 goalies in 3 years.

You could argue that he is like veteran goalie poison.

If I’m a teacher, one student in my class passes, and most flunk, tough to look at the one student and say I’m a great teacher.

I don’t think you can rant at people questioning Sigalet. Telling them that the evidence of his success is right in front of their faces, because his failures are quite evident.

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 02-10-2019 at 07:07 PM.